Thursday, February 28, 2008

Why in the world do we work?

It's an interesting timing to actually be listening to Benny Ho's sermon on "why in the world do we work?", i mean, the in-thing of the season is evanglism eh? Haha... but it was interesting and well if you're interested to know whether you are a workaholic, do the test below...


Personal evaluation to find out whether you are a workaholic:
  1. I frequently meet ppl authority, but who are really no better than i
  2. Once i start a job, i have no peace until i finish
  3. I like to tell ppl exactly what i think
  4. Whereas most ppl are conscious about their feelings, i like to deal with facts
  5. I worry about business and financial matters
  6. I often have anxiety about something or someone
  7. I sometimes get so preoccupied with a thought that i can't get it out of my mind
  8. I find it difficult to go to sleep because of something bothering me
  9. I often find it difficult to relax; i need to be doing something
  10. My mind is often occupied by thoughts about what i've done wrong or didn't do
  11. My concentration isn't what it used to be
  12. My personal appearance is always clean and neat
  13. I always feel irritated by a messy table
  14. I am more comfortable in a neat, clean working environment
  15. I cannot go through a day without a schedule or to-do list
  16. I believ that the man who works e hardest should get a head
  17. If there's a job to be done, i'll cut down on leisure time
  18. My conscience often bothers me about thinhs i've done in e past
  19. There are things which i have done in the past that if made public, i would be embarrassed greatly.
  20. I feel uncomfrtoable unless i get the highest grade in school
  21. It's a bother when ppl get confused because they don't bother to find out about the facts
  22. I frequently feel angry without knowing who or what is irritating me
  23. I can't stand having my cheque-book or financial matters out of control
  24. I think talking about feelings to others is a waste of time
  25. I spend a lot of time washing something or keeping things clean
  26. I like always to be in control of myself and thingshapenig
  27. I have few or no close friends whom i share my feelings with openly
  28. I feel i need to know the future to be in control
  29. There are sins in life which i committed which i haven't lift down
  30. I always avoid being late
  31. I rarely give up until e job has been completely finsihed
  32. I often expect things expect of myself tha no one would ask of himself
  33. I sometimes worry about whether i was wrong or made a mistake
  34. I would like others to see me as not having any faults
  35. The groups and organistaions i join have strict rules and regulations
  36. I believe God has given us commandments to live by, and we feel if we don't live up to them

My score's a happy 24. Haha. (In the congregation at that time only 1 2 ppl had a score above 25... haha)

Oki so what did i realise... i'm prone to being a workaholic.Tsktsk.

Oki besides that part, one thing which really hit me was that there's this thing called primary calling, and this thing called secondary calling. Our primary calling is a calling to being, which is, in other words, a calling to be a child of God. Our secondary calling is to be something - teacher, businessperson, engineer, whatsoever. And those two have to be in balance.

Also, ambition is fine - just that it's like hunger. Too much of it and you become a glutton... too little of it and well, errr, that usually doesn't happen. Haha.

Wheee~

No comments: